Exciting news, everyone!
After spending more time this summer out of the city than in it, I am reclaiming my land for the second half of what I know as Washington’s most miserable season (it is a swamp, after all). My good friend and blogging cohort Lauren approached me with an idea while I was at the beach that I absolutely loved–visit 10 new places together before September 21 (and of course, document everything with #10datesofsummer on Twitter and Instagram). Plus, with all this time out of the city, it has been hard to conquer my summer bucket list.
Lauren and I spend a lot of time hanging out together at places we already know and love…Pound, Peregrine, Biker Barre, etc, etc. And yes, finding those spots was good fortune, especially since I am not the biggest fan of the metro on weekends and these homey locales are a 15 minute walk from my door and are even closer to my preferred grocery, Eastern Market. But, knowing only one neighborhood does not a Washingtonian make.
So, with 64 days until the fall equinox, Lauren and I will be exploring places we have never been before. How did it work? We both chose five places we were interested in, crossed off any duplicates or locales we had been to, and have been off to a running start ever since. There were few rules to the selection, so we have a mix of sweets and booze and coffee, with of course brunch thrown in (provided we can get a reservation). Some are in our neighborhood while others are all the way in Virginia. It will be a constant adventure with good companions, even if the metro isn’t running on time.
She, however, is better at lists than I, so I am stealing the list from her blog:
1. The Coffee Bar // 1201 S St NW, Washington, DC 20009
2. Jubliee // 301 Water St SE, Washington, DC 20003 read about it here!
3. Dolcezza // 1418 14th St NW, Washington, DC 20005
4. The Board Room // 1737 Connecticut Ave NW, DC 20009
5. PX // Alexandria (FIND THE BLUE LIGHT)
6. Rogue 24 // 922 N St NW, Washington, DC 20001
food & drink
7. The Pretzel Bakery //340 15th St SE, DC 20003
8. Jrink Juicery //1323 Connecticut Ave NW, DC, 20036
9. Fontaine Caffe & Crêperie // 119 S Royal St, Alexandria, VA 22314
10. La Boum // 2000 18th St. NW, Washington, DC 20009